Thursday 5 May 2016

Leicester triumph and Donald Trump

We all love an underdog - so many congratulations to Leicester City for winning the Premier League as a 5,000 to one outsider.  What price - I wonder - would the bookies have put on a double nine months ago of Leicester to win the Premiership and Donald Trump to win the Republican Party Presidential nomination!!

We live in a 'topsy turvey' world indeed at the moment and I can't remember when either the sporting world or the political world has had this much uncertainty or entertainment value.  In fact on current form of upsets I am starting to think that just maybe we Outers will win the day come 23rd of June - a thought which is reinforced by voters shyness in revealing to Pollsters voting intentions which they think are perhaps a shade politically incorrect.  So the winning candidate in the first round of the Austrian Presidential elections was a right winger who got 36% of the vote, some 8 percentage points higher than the polls had predicted. I must stop now and ring my bookmaker - I want a quote on a double. Britain to vote out and Donald Trump to win the Presidency -after all stranger things have happened!

5 comments:

  1. I beat you to it old boy: http://imgur.com/LGh22Uo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most Western countries populations are sick and tired of career politicians. Promising everything to get elected and delivery nothing. It is not exactly people liking TRUMP, It is there just had enough. Hillary should and hopefully will one day be in Jail. I backed TRUMP at 100/1, Now into $3.50 - The republicans could bring in a extra candidate. I also suggest a wager on Jo Biden. I got on him at 100/1 and again at $81 - You can still get 50/1 about him. There investigating HILLARY, The only way she will not end up in Jail is if she becomes President. Hopefully they charge her with some thing before the election. There trying hard, But her supporters within the deep state are trying to cover these up, Including the 20+ odd rapes that her husband has committed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right on the first, Francis (if i may call you by your Christian name). I have a feeling you will be right on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were correct on the first, Francis (if I may use your Christian name). I suspect that you will be correct on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I was right!

    ReplyDelete