Tuesday 6 November 2018

I think therefor I am

The French philosopher Rene Descartes coined this phrase in his book Discourse of Method published in 1637. That shows how advanced in thinking this Rene was because now what he propounded as a mere philosophical thought has become  law! So, according to modern lunacies, if I think I am a woman I am a woman and I have to be treated as a woman even if I have all the genitals etc. of a man.

This patent absurdity was highlighted over the weekend when a white theatre producer got funding from the Arts Council England to go on a full years residential course which was restricted to applicants of 'colour.'  He thinks he is black so he is black -apparently.

Well HURRAY for that I say. I am a member of one of the only two groups of people who you are aloud to mock and be rude about. Yes you've got it. I am white, male and privately educated oh, and to top it all I voted for Brexit. If you are wondering who the other group is it is also white, working class,patriotic, male and voted Brexit.  But hope is now at at hand for us persecuted minorities. We can all think. Just now I am pondering what I think  I might be.  I am quite tempted by being a female Muslim human rights campaigner from Somalia. That seems to tick a lot of boxes and should be worth a fortune in government grants. After all there can't be many female Muslim human rights campaigners from Somalia who happen to own a socking great house in the country in need of repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment