Wednesday 29 November 2017

Nuisance calls -HM Government the worst offender



I live in a big house. The telephone rings and -often as not - I am the best part of 40 yards away. I run for it -I don't want to miss out on a good invitation -or -perhaps an editor wanting me to write a piece. I pick up the receiver- there is a short pause- then a disembodied female voice starts to say : "We are calling you to tell you about a new government .." I scream down the telephone, but it is no good as this, of course, is a recorded voice.

How do I stop these nuisance calls from the government? Why can't they just write a letter like they used too? One day -inevitably - as I rush to pick up the telephone - I will trip over the dog or have a seizure. There must surely be a way to silence this ghastly woman and her message, if anybody knows how too please let me know before I do myself and injury.

2 comments:

  1. You could try one of these cordless phones, you know, and carry it around with you in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. premium rate calls. earn when they call you. just ring up bt and ask about it.

    ReplyDelete