Tuesday 18 August 2015

Syrian migrants - bunch of cowards

There was a picture in yesterday's paper of a long line of Syrian men waiting to get on a Cruise liner chartered by the Greek government where they will stay while their asylum applications are processed.

They all looked pretty fit to me so what on earth are they doing running away from their country. I mean if you don't like the Assad regime then there are plenty of opposition armies you can join ranging from the totally nasty ISIL to militias raised to protect the various minorities who live in Syria.

I wondered -looking at the picture - on what was the anniversary of VJ day - what we would have thought of a similar line of fit young Brits applying for asylum in the USA in 1940 - but we know the answer don't we - we would have considered them the scum of the earth.       

 

6 comments:

  1. Why don't you go and fight there if you are so keen? There is no equivalency between a civil war and ww2. Soldiers fighting for this country had unity and a common purpose as well as food, solidarity and protection from war crimes. The rebels are a bunch of bandits who would be beheaded by a rusty machete if captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have saved enough to build a fucking wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Francis the problem today is men are not men they are just women with penises

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right as usual Francis. My father in law fought for the whole of the 2nd world war never saw his family for 6 years and then had to build a business from scratch on his return with no help from any government. Sorry but death seems like a risk to take if it means saving ones country. Too many people forget the sacrifices made by our parents and too many people willing to be carried along by what they perceive as being politically correct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must add to my comment also what about the awful conditions our men suffered in 2nd world war building the railways so much for protection makes me so cross

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still baffles me how these so called refugees and asylum seekers can pass through so many countries to end up here - I wish Francis did have enough money to build a wall - I'd bloody well help him do it!!!

    ReplyDelete