Tuesday 11 June 2019

Michael Gove and cocaine


Should the fact that  Michael Gove snorted cocaine twenty odd years ago disbar him from being Prime Minister or holding any office in government at all?  Well if it does we are going to find it mighty difficult to find a suitable Prime Minister in years to come because I suspect virtually all the current crop of 'yuff' have had a snort at some time or other.

I admit my knowledge of cocaine is very limited. I was though at a dinner party years ago when it was passed round but, before it came to me, a friend who was also a novice at this peculiar Urban habit, made a complete hash of his attempt to snort it and sneezed violently instead -scattering  a hundred quids worth of powder to the four winds.

The question though surely is not just should Michael Gove be disbarred - but should high office only be open to 'Goody Goodies?  Frankly having just had as Prime Minister an arch 'Goody Goody' who proved her self to be probably the most useless and incompetent holder of that office in recent history, and that against stiff opposition, I am not in favour of 'Goodness' being a primary qualification.


No comments:

Post a Comment